Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Samsung UltraTouch s8300 review

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/08/24/samsung-ultratouch-s8300-review/

Well, being in Samsung was not just the reason for reading it. I do have a Samsung phone myself. Recently I was looking at a few high end phones for my sister. I had seen Samsung star and Samsung star 3G. However, they somehow resembled me of brand China.

This one looked much better. The review was not biased. It had listed both pluses and minuses of the phone. However, there was no video. Technically these are my takeaways from this review.

1. AMOLED is the technology used here. AMOLED is "Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode". This is a technology which allows to create displays even up to 40" in size which are less power hungry. In the process I also learned TFT =/= LCD

2. Bluetooth printing etc are fancy features not just in India, even abroad

3. While buying a camera phone, look for its performance under different light conditions

4. A good portable media player should allow playing videos in full screen in landscape mode

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home